What is Pixel?
The Pixel CO2 laser is an ablative, fractional skin resurfacing device that improves the appearance of scars, skin discolorations, fine lines, and other imperfections. This system comes with a variety of hand pieces to customize treatment for a variety of patient concerns.
How does it work?
Depending on the patient’s concern, either a 7×7 or 9×9 grid pattern will be used to deliver the laser energy to an 11x11mm patch of skin. The 7×7 grid is better suited for more aggressive treatment of scarring whereas the 9×9 grid is indicated for skin peeling and tightening. Additional hand pieces will be used as indicated. The laser hand piece may be pulsed several times in the same area for deeper heat penetration. Typically, full face treatment can be completed in less than 15 minutes. Patients will likely experience a sunburned sensation as well as redness in the treated area.
Pixel is great for:
- Uneven Skin Tone/Texture
- Facial Volume
- Fine Lines/Wrinkles
- Acne Scars
Am I a candidate?
The ideal candidate for a Pixel CO2 laser resurfacing treatment has mild to moderate acne scarring, facials scars, uneven pigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles, and other skin blemishes.
What is the treatment time?
Typically, full face treatment can be completed in less than 15 minutes.
What is the actual procedure?
The skin is first cleansed and a topical local anaesthesia may also be applied to increase patient comfort during the procedure, the handpiece also has a built in cooling mechanism.
The laser treatment head is then passed over the surface of the treatment area in a series of horizontal and vertical overlapping passes, until an erythema or mild redness is noted in the skin by the practitioner.
The anaesthetic are washed off immediately after treatment.
Is there any downtime? Any pre/post treatment preparation?
It is very important that you follow the advice of your practitioner carefully after any light treatment to help make the procedure as successful as possible and to reduce the risk of complications.
Post – treatment advice may include:
- Women can camouflage skin redness with make-up right away if desired.
- Apply a hypoallergenic moisturizer which can help mask any bronzing and skin flaking symptoms.
- Avoid creams with active ingredients such as AHAs or Retinoids which irritate the skin and could impede the healing process.
- Do not sleep on the treated area, to help avoid any swelling; e.g., sleep on your back rather than your side if your face has been treated.
- Cool compresses (not ice packs) or cooling gels such as aloe vera can be applied to the treated area if required.
- Avoid sun exposure during treatment and healing phases and/or wear sunscreens with an SPF of 30+ which contain zinc oxide.
How quickly will I see results?
Results can be seen after 1 treatment but may require an additional 1-3 sessions.