What is the procedure?
The Active FX, CO2 ablative laser is the deepest, most effective laser at Derma Health. The laser penetrates into the deepest layer of the skin (dermis), tearing up old and damaged cells, allowing the natural healing processes of the body to rebuild, revealing naturally healthy and luminous skin. This treatment removes about ten years of damage and age from your skin!
What are Active FX & Deep FX?
Active FX™ and Deep FX™ are both revolutionary CO2 lasers from Lumenis (the originators of CO2 technology) with a unique patented Ultrapulse™ technology to lessen side effects and downtimes of a traditional CO2 laser. Total FX™ is a revolutionary fractional treatment that combines DeepFX™and ActiveFX™ procedures for total solutions in one treatment with minimal downtime for treatment of sun damage.
- Smoother tighter facial skin and contours
- Tighter and more lifted eyelid skin
- A smoother, tighter and more wrinkle-free neck
- Softening of smokers’ lines and vertical lip lines
- Fading of skin discoloration
- Scar reduction
Active FX/ Deep FX FAQ
Who is a good candidate for Active FX?
- A good candidate for this CO2 laser is anyone looking for dramatic improvement in skin texture and tone. Those with deep acne scarring are the most frequent clients.
- Those with a darker Fitzpatrick are not good candidates for this treatment because of the possibilities of hyperpigmentation or loss of pigment. Talk with your provider about your options. We may be able to treat darker skin with peels and other methods to prepare for this treatment.
How many treatments are needed?
The Active FX laser skin resurfacing treatment can be a one and done service or can be done up to once per year. The desired outcome will determine the number of treatments necessary.
How long does the treatment take?
Depending on the number of areas treated, the actual procedure may take anywhere from 1-2 hours. Patients are required to come at least 1 hour before the treatment in order to leave for numbing.
How long do Active FX results last?
The results of the Active FX laser perpetually increase over time, with the best results being seen six months after the treatment. The results last for years and are permanent. Re-damaging the skin is of course possible, but the results from the treatment are long lasting.
What is the post-treatment?
Immediately following the treatment, you will be very groggy and covered in a hydrating gel. The next day, you will be able to wash your face and return to semi-normal activities. There is no pain post treatment, but you will likely prefer to stay away from social engagements for up to three days as you heal. Expect itching and peeling as you heal.